Homelab & Personal Use Cases
Twingate enables secure, remote access to your home network and services like Home Assistant, Plex, security cameras, and other self-hosted apps.
We offer a free starter tier for personal use
Create an account and check it out. Most users are up and running in under 15 minutes, skipping the hassle of port forwarding configuration, VPN servers, or static IPs.
- Fast setup, wide platform support. Setup entails deploying a Twingate Connector on a single device on your home network - a Linux server, Raspberry Pi, NAS, or a Windows computer. Connectors are offered as a VM systemd service or as a Docker image.
- Secure, configurable access. Twingate does not require an open port or port forwarding, which otherwise introduces a security risk into your home network. Grant access to friends & family members with granular permissions by network resource (e.g. family photos but not security camera footage). Access also does not require a static IP or DynamicDNS configuration.
- Access from every platform. Twingate offers desktop and mobile apps to access your home network, avoiding the hassle of fiddling with VPN settings on each device.
- Protecting your homelab step by step
- Remote access to Home Assistant on Raspberry Pi
- Remote access to Synology NAS
- Remote access to Plex Media Server
- Terraform Guides (AWS, Azure & GCP)
Last updated 20 days ago