Azure AD Configuration
Setting up Azure AD integration with Twingate will enable both OpenID Connect user authentication and user and group sync with Azure AD. There are two steps to set up this integration:
- Enable the Azure AD integration in Twingate and sign in to your Azure AD tenant.
- Configure the Twingate application in the Microsoft Azure AD Gallery and enable SCIM for user and group sync.
Before proceeding with the Twingate Azure AD gallery app configuration, you need to sign in with Azure AD in the Twingate Admin Console. You can do this from Settings > Identity Provider > Azure AD.
To retrieve the Azure AD tenant ID:
- Open the Azure portal at https://portal.azure.com.
- Navigate to Azure Active Directory from the left side menu.
- Copy the
Tenant IDfrom the Tenant information box.
- Paste the
Tenant IDinto Twingate as shown above, and click “Sign in with Azure AD”.
Once you have entered the Azure tenant ID and have verified that you can sign in, continue with the steps below.
Once you have completed the initial step of signing into Azure AD, above, you can proceed with setting up the official Twingate gallery application. Detailed instructions are available in Microsoft’s Azure AD documentation.
To complete the Azure AD configuration, please follow the instructions below on Microsoft’s website:
The guide above will cover:
- Adding the Twingate Azure AD Gallery app to your Azure AD instance
- Determining which users and groups should be synced to Twingate
Last updated 3 minutes ago